Relax Spa Hot Tub Granular Shock Chlorine – 1kg
Relax Spa Hot Tub Granular Shock Chlorine – 1kg – Rapid dissolving granules for super-chlorination of your hot tub.
Why?Relax Granular Shock Chlorine is highly effective at destroying contaminants (such as bacteria and body oils) from your spa water.
When?Shock or ‘Super’ chlorination is necessary when first filling or re-opening your spa. It is also good practice to ‘Shock Treat’ your spa water every 2 weeks or more often if your spa is heavily used.
How?1. Pre-dissolve the required amount of Relax Granular Shock Chlorine in a clean plastic bucket filled with warm water. Stir the solution until the granules are fully dissolved.
2. Ensure that your spa circulation pump is turned on before slowly pouring the solution directly onto the spa water surface.
3. Continue to run your spa circulation pump for at least 1 hour.
4. Repeat treatment if necessary to reach a chlorine level of between 10ppm & 15ppm.
5. Leave spa cover off for 2 hours immediately after adding the shock granules.
6. Water will become temporarily cloudy, keep the circulation/filtration on until water clears.
7. Allow the chlorine level to drop back to 5ppm before using your spa.
5. Ensure your spa is sanitised at all times and test before every use.
How Much?As a general guide, a heaped tea spoon holds 8g of granules.
Spa Volume 1000litres – 15g
Spa Volume 1500litres – 22g
Spa Volume 2000litres – 30g
· Wear eye and face protection and ensure granules are not blown back into your face.
· Never mix with any other chemicals including cleaning products and chlorine
products, as a dangerous reaction may occur.
· When pre-dissolving product always add to water not vice versa.
· Handle products in a well-ventilated area, preferably outdoors.
· Wash hands after use.
· Ensure chemicals do not become damp in storage – store in a cool dry place.
· Harmful if swallowed.
· Contact with acids liberates toxic gas.
· May cause sensitisation by inhalation and skin contact.
· Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic
· Use Biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
· Keep locked up and out of reach of children.
· If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
· Keep container dry.
· Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately
with plenty of water and seek medical advise.
· In case of fire and/or explosion, do not breath fumes.
· This material and/or its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste.
· Avoid release to the environment.
· Refer to special instructions/safety data sheet.