Blue Horizons Rapid Shock Granules
Blue Horizons Rapid Shock Granules - These non-stabilised chlorine granules are ideal for shock dosing or regular oxidisation of swimming pool water. These granules are designed to rapidly dissolve in water.Application Instructions:
1 - Maintian pH levels within the ideal range of 7.2 - 7.6 and free chlorine residuals between 1 - 3mg/l. If the levels are not in this range, adjust.
2 - Shock or oxidising procedures are recommended either weekly or fortnightly with a maximum of 10mg/l (ppm) for a full shock treatment.
3 - If the water temperature is 20 degree's C or higher and water depth at least 4ft deep, this product can be carefully broadcast directly over pool surface. Always check wind direction before broadcasting. Alternatively, pre-dissolve this product in a clean plastic container at a maximum rate of 100g of product in a 2.2 gallon (10 litre) of warm water. Stir well to ensure product is fully dissolved. Add the resulting solution to the pool whilst the pump is turned ON prefereably near the water inlets to aid distribution.
4 - Repeat dose/application if necessary to achieve the desired level.
5 - After using this product the pool water may become temporarily cloudy, so keep the filtration pump running until the water clears.
6 - Allow the chlorine level to drop below 5ppm before bathing recommences, and in any event wait for at least 30 minutes before bathing recommences.
Please refer to the Blue Horizons Pool Care guide for further product information in our downloads section.Top Tip:
As soon as possible after a thunderstorm shock dose your pool with a 5mg/l dose of Blue Horizons Granular Shock Granules or Shock n Floc Granules.
The reason for this is that lightening creates nitrogen in the atmosphere and the rain washes this nitrogen into your pool. Nitrogen is plant food and algae thrive on it, so pool water can quickly turn green after a thunderstorm, a shock dose of chlorine can help prevent this.
Please refer to the Blue Horizons Pool Care guide for further product information in our downloads section.Application Instructions
1. Maintain pH levels within the ideal range of 7.2 - 7.6. If the level is not in this range, adjust accordingly.
2. Maintain free chlorine residuals routinely in the 1 - 3 mg/l (ppm) range. Shock or oxidising procedures are recommended either weekly or fortnightly with a maximum of 10mg/l (10ppm) for a full shock treatment.
3. Pre-dissolve this product in a clean plastic container at a maximum rate of 100g of product per 2.2 gallons ( 10 litres) of water. Stir well to ensure product is fully dissolved. Add the resulting solution to the pool whilst the pump is turned ON preferably near the water inlets to aid distribution.
4. Repeat dose/application if necessary to achieve the desired level.
5. After using this product, pool water may become temporarily cloudy, so keep the filtration pump running until it clears.
6. After shock treatment procedures allow the chlorine to drop below 5ppm before bathing recommences and in any event wait for at least 30 minutes before bathing recommences.
|Rapid Shock Chlorine Granules Dosing Rates
||To Increase Pool Chlorine Level by
Wear eye and face protection and ensure granules are not blown back into your face.
Never mix with any other chemicals including cleaning products and chlorine products, as a dangerous reaction will occur.
Do not pour this product into a pool skimmer basket containing chlorine tablets or any other product.
When pre-dissolving product always add product to water not the other way round.Handling & Storage:
Handle products in a well-ventilated area, preferably outdoors.
Wash hands after use.
Ensure chemicals do not become damp in storage - store in a cool dry place.This Granular Shock contains Calcium Hypochlorite 68% CL Active - EC Label 231-908-7 UN2880Risk:
- Contact with combustible material may cause fire.
- Harmful if swallowed.
- Contact with acids liberates toxic gas.
- Causes burns.
- Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
- Use Biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
- Keep locked up and out of reach of children.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Wear suitable protective clothing,gloves and eye/face protection.
- In case of accident or if you feel unwell seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Refer to special instructions/safety data sheet.